Field Service Engineer
Job Responsibilities :
|• Perform on-site installation and commissioning at domestic and international sites.
• Assemble, install, modify and repair electronic & electrical systems at customer sites.
• Train and orientate the customer representative during installations and maintenance to familiarize them with the AMSC product.
• Interact with customer representative to solve problems that need immediate attention to maintain availability.
• Represent the customer's viewpoint based on Field Service knowledge of system operations at customer sites to improve the product or reduce costs.
• Organize, develop as necessary, and maintain the documentation pertaining at each customer site including schematics, user manuals, etc.
• Distribute documentation to customer and maintain a file of all documentation for use at
• Schedule and perform routine maintenance of units in the field. Perform electrical and mechanical field-testing to assure reliability or troubleshoot problems.
• Communicate effectively with engineering staff to assure problem resolution.
• Incorporate engineering changes to field units.
• Assist Application Engineers in performing site surveys.
• Contribute suggestions for product improvement.
• Document testing methods for Field Service implementation and reference.
• Domestic and international travel required. Travel time anticipated at least 75%. Places to travel will include South Africa, Singapore, Western AU & New Zealand.
• Ability to carry a Field Service pager one out of three weeks and on the weekend.
• Act in accordance with design documents, sketches or verbal instructions.
• Make component substitutions as necessary to troubleshoot and repair electronic system.
|Education - Experience:|
EDUCATION: Electrical Fitter tradesperson I Maintenance electrical service technician I
EXPERIENCE: 5+ years experience in field service support of electrical systems in an HV
environment. Automation & Scada experience would be an advantage.
|Required Skills, Competencies, Authorities and Training Needs:|
1200 volts and 1000 amps.
• Willing to work in substation on a HV Permit.
• Willing/Able to learn electronics on DVAR.
• Knowledge in diagnosis and repair of power electronic products.
• Proficiency with personal computer usage and keyboard skills.
• Skilled in use of electronic test equipment such as DVM's, oscilloscopes, signal analyzers, in
circuit emulators and others.
• Skilled in troubleshooting, wiring and soldering electronics assemblies.
• Skilled in reading and interpreting electronics assembly drawings, schematics, electrical panel diagrams, component specifications and operating instructions.
• Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly both orally and in writing.
• Ability to perform work with high degree of accuracy; ability to inspect own work and that of others.
• Ability to work both independently and on teams. Self directed and motivated. Appreciates attention to detail.
|Any other training requirements / comments|
Must have a CLEAN driver’s License.
Must have a Passport.
Must undergo a drug & alcohol test along with a background check.
Average amount of overtime is 10-15 hours along with calls on the weekends.
Physical Activities: Climbing, Stooping, Kneeling, Crouching, Reaching, Standing, Walking, Pushing, Pulling, Lifting, Fingering, Grasping, Feeling, Talking, and Hearing.
Level of Physical Requirements: Medium work. Able to lift 25 kg.
Level of Visual Activity: Inspection and close assembly.
Environment Conditions: Both indoor and outdoor, exposure to electrical fields and current, exposure to static magnetic fields.
Frequent interaction with other employees including technicians, production workers, engineers, drafters and clerks.