We may ask you to provide varying amounts of personal information in order to participate in certain activities or obtain certain products and services offered on this Site. We generally seek full name, e-mail address, and phone number. Depending on the activity, product or service you want, we also may request personal information such as credit card and mailing address. We try to limit our requests to personal information we believe is minimally necessary to achieve our stated collection purposes. Please note, if we do not collect certain of your personal information that we request then we might not be able to provide certain services to you.
Use of Information
We collect and use personal information primarily for purposes such as facilitating online registration for events, online purchases and/or processing a resume.
Your e-mail address, phone number or address may also be used:
- in our internal surveys to obtain feedback on our products, our Site, or on other aspects of our business that impact you as an AMSC customer;
- to notify you of new products or services that we think may be of interest;
- to send promotional materials; or
- to provide free e-mail newsletters.
We may also use personal information to contact you should there be any evidence you have inappropriately used amsc.com.
We do not sell, rent, share, or otherwise dispose of the personal information collected on amsc.com to third parties.
We may access, use, preserve, transfer and disclose your information including disclosure to third parties: (i) to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, subpoenas, governmental requests or legal process if in our good faith opinion such is required or permitted by law; (ii) to protect and/or defend AMSC including investigation of potential violations of this or any other policy; (iii) to protect the safety, rights, property or security of AMSC or any third party; and/or (iv) to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
We may process data about your use of our website and services (“usage data”). The usage data may include your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of your service use. The source of the usage data is our analytics tracking system. This usage data may be processed [for the purposes of analysing the use of the website and services.
Legal Bases for Processing Information
We rely on the following legal grounds to process your personal information:
- Performance of a contract – We need to collect and use your personal information to perform our agreement with you.
Retention of Information
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected and processed, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, accounting or reporting requirements.
You can choose to opt out from receiving updates on new products, newsletters, other promotional materials and other unsolicited email from AMSC. To do so, simply send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also withdraw your consent to allow us to use your personal information at any time.
A cookie is a small data file that is written to your computer’s hard drive by your web browser. A cookie file can contain and/or automatically collect information, such as a user identification code or IP address, that a website will use to track the pages and number of times you have visited. The data read from these cookies may be linked to personally identifying (PII) and non-personally identifying (non-PII) information.
Our Privacy Statement applies solely to information collection practices on amsc.com. This Site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that American Superconductor has no control or influence over the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave amsc.com and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that you visit.
We use industry-standard encryption methods to transmit your personal registration information from your computer to ours across the Internet, and we restrict access to any transactional portions of our Site to computers running web browsers that support [Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”)] protocol. To use this protection technology, you need to have [an SSL-capable browser], such as [Netscape Navigator 4.5 or higher, Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.5 or higher]. These browsers will automatically activate the technology when you log on to our Site. Please remember that you play a valuable part in security as well. After you have finished using our Site, you should log off and exit your browser so no unauthorized persons can use our Site with your name and account information. Remember that any information you voluntarily disclose on-line in any news or message postings, discussion groups or chat rooms may be collected and used by others without your permission. Furthermore, if you provide any information to parties who operate websites that are linked to or from our Site, different rules may apply to their collection, use or disclosure of your personal information. We encourage you to review these sites’ policies before revealing any sensitive or personal information. Regardless of the precautions taken by you or by us, “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you transmit such information at your own risk.
As a data subject, you have the following legal rights:
- the right of access to personal data relating to you;
- the right to correct any mistakes in your information;
- the right to restrict or object to your personal data being processed;
- the right to receive and/or have your personal data ported to another data controller;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to provide instructions regarding the processing of your personal data after your death;
- the right to stop receiving marketing emails; and
- compensation for damage caused by contravention of the law.
Some of these rights are explained in more detail below, but if you have any comments, concerns or complaints about our use of your personal data, please contact us email@example.com. We will respond to any rights that you exercise within a commercially reasonable amount of time from receiving your request.
Right to Access to Personal Data Relating to You
You may ask to see what personal data we hold about you and be provided with:
- a copy;
- details of the purpose for which it is being or is to be processed;
- details of the recipients or classes of recipients to whom it is or may be disclosed, including if they are overseas and what protections are used for those oversea transfers;
- the period for which it is held (or the criteria we use to determine how long it is held);
- any information available about the source of that data; and
- whether we carry out an automated decision-making, or profiling, and where we do information about the logic involved and the envisaged outcome or consequences of that decision or profiling.
See the ‘Contact us’ for details of who to contact to make a request for your personal data. To help us find the information easily, please give us as much information as possible about the type of information you would like to see.
Right to Correct any Mistakes in Your Information
You can require us to correct any mistakes in your information, which we hold free of charge. If you would like to do this, please:
- email, call or write to us (see the ‘Contact us’ section below);
- let us have enough information to identify you; and
- let us know the information that is incorrect and how it should be corrected.
Right to Restrict or Prevent Processing of Your Information
You may request that we stop processing your personal data if:
- you do not think that your data is accurate. We will start processing again once we have confirmed that it is accurate;
- the processing is unlawful but you do not want us to erase your data;
- we no longer need the personal data for our processing, but you need the data to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
- you have objected to processing because you believe that your interests should override our legitimate interests.
Right to Unsubscribe
You can ask us to stop contacting you for direct marketing purposes at any time. If you would like to do this, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rights After a Breach
If your statutory data subject rights of the applicable data privacy laws are violated you may be entitled to remedies, including monetary compensation under the applicable privacy laws.
If you do not think that we have processed your data in accordance with this notice, please contact us in the first instance, at the details in the ‘Contact us’ section.
Parents of Children Users
This Site is a general audience website and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children younger than the age of thirteen (13) as required by U.S. law. We will delete any personal information collected that we later determine to be from a user younger than the age of thirteen (13). If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of thirteen (13) and believe he or she has disclosed personal information to us, please contact us at email@example.com.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We will post any changes to our Privacy Statement on our homepage so you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it. If we decide to use personal information in a manner different from that stated at the time it was collected, we will notify you by e-mail. This e-mail will include response options for choosing whether or not we can use your information in this different manner.
Please contact us if you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or the information we hold about you. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org contact us via mail:
Data Protection Officer
American Superconductor Corporation
114 East Main Street
Ayer, Massachusetts 01432
United States of America
American Superconductor Romania srl
Ms Laura Vladulescu
AMSC Austria GmbH
Ms Angelika Kuchinka, Ms Andrea Kerstnig
Copyright © 2018 American Superconductor. All Rights Reserved.